Appulate's Policy page appears when a policy is bound.
Once bound, policies are available via the Policies menu. You can view all policies (All Policies) or a specific category (In Force, Terminated Policies, To Renew). To access a particular policy, click its name in the list. You will be redirected to the Policy page.
The Policy page is what you'll see first when you bind a policy in Appulate.
To view all the pages associated with your policy, click your current page's name. This will open a list with all the options. To visit a page, just click its name in the list.
The following pages are available:
- Policy: contains the policy's summary, policy actions, and some policy documents.
- Documents: contains quote documents and other documents associated with the initial quote request that were available on the Forms, Loss Runs, and Documents pages.
- Commissions: contains information on the commissions, fees, and premiums associated with this policy.
- Questionnaire: contains information about the insured.
- Export (available if the External AMS is configured in the Settings): allows you to export the policy to AIM, Nexsure, or IMS.
- Activity log: contains information on all events related to the policy and corresponding quote request.
- Notes: contains notes and comments that users of different companies working on the policy leave for themselves (private notes) or for each other (shared notes).
Some carriers may restrict access to their policies in Appulate. In this case, some policy information will be in read-only mode for agencies and/or MGAs:
- Policy details
- Policy number
- Commissions page fields: Premium, Taxes and surcharges, Commissionable premium, Commission earned percent
- Effective and expiration dates
Some actions will be unavailable too: Delete policy, Cancel policy, Revert to request for a quote. You also won't be able to delete policy documents unless your company uploaded them.
Note: The same restrictions appear when a policy is bound by different companies in submission.
In this case, the associated quote request will have read-only elements for other companies in the submission chain. Expiring policy number and Expiring premium will be read-only both on the Summary page and the Summary bar.
The Policy page contains basic information about a policy, as well as policy documents and actions you can perform upon them. It consists of the following sections:
- Premium & commission;
- My company;
- Automatic remarketing;
- Policy documents;
- Policy details.
All valid information you enter will be autosaved. If some information you've entered is invalid, you'll see a message indicating any errors.
The Summary section includes the following fields:
- Carrier: The name of the carrier that issued this policy. This is a required field for all policies. For policies with a bound market, this field is read-only (greyed out).
This field gets filled out automatically when you click Request to bind on the Quote request page. You can also fill this field out manually. When entering data, the field displays a dropdown list with autofill options. If a carrier you've entered doesn't exist in Appulate, you'll see the following message:
- Policy number: The policy's number.
- Substatus: Detalization of the policy's status. It's used for tracking progress with this record.
- This policy is a renewal: A checkbox that indicates whether this policy is a renewal of an existing policy (if selected) or not.
Premium & commission
The Premium & commission section shows the Total Premium (the premium and taxes combined). To make any changes, click the Edit icon . This will open the Commissions page.
This section contains the following fields:
- Producer (or Underwriter): The company's Producer or Underwriter user who has been assigned to this policy.
- CSR: The company's CSR user who has been assigned to this policy.
The Underwriter and CSR fields are synchronized with the Assigned Underwriter & CSR setting on the Agency Info tab. Whenever a new Underwriter and CSR is assigned on this tab (either manually or automatically), a record update notification is sent to the submitting company.
The Automatic remarketing checkbox allows you to automatically renew an expiring policy. If selected, a new request for a quote with the same parameters will be created on a specified date. The date will be updated if you change the Effective Date on the Policy interface.
This setting is applicable only to policies with the Active Policy or Expired Policy status. It's only available if the Automatic remarketing setting has been selected on the Settings page.
This section contains the following buttons:
- Create renewal: Allows you to manually renew an expiring policy.
- Cancel policy: Allows you to cancel this policy. A policy can be canceled by both the company that created it (agency or MGA) and the company that received it (market).
- More actions (kebab-menu button): Opens a dropdown list with additional actions: Revert to request for quote and Delete policy. If there's only one additional action available, it will be shown separately. There'll be no menu available.
If you click Delete policy, you'll see a confirmation dialog:
The Policy documents section contains uploaded policy documents. For some markets, this section can also contain documents generated during policy binding, as well as policy forms bound to this market and insurance line.
You can upload a document by:
- clicking Upload at the top of the section;
- dragging a document from your files and dropping it onto the section.
If the Policy documents section has one or more documents, group actions will be available. You can download the documents, send them by email, or delete them (only for uploaded documents).
Group actions are displayed in the three-dot (More actions) menu if a document hasn’t been selected, or in the section header if one or more documents have been selected.
Each document is displayed with:
- its name. Clicking it downloads the document;
- the date on which it was uploaded or generated. For policy forms, this isn't shown;
- the name of the person who uploaded or generated it. For policy forms, this isn't shown;
- a set of available actions.
Note: The lock icon near a document's name indicates that it is only visible to the users of your company.
The following actions are available:
- Clicking the Edit icon opens the Document Markup dialog. There, you can change the document's name and visibility, as well as add notes.
- Clicking the three-dot icon opens the More actions menu. There, you can opt for sending the document by email or fax, or deleting it altogether.
Note: You cannot edit or delete generated policy documents. You can edit and email policy forms, but you cannot delete them.
If you click Delete in a document's More actions menu, you will see a confirmation dialog:
The Policy details section displays the policy's coverages, limits, deductibles, and other related information. It is visible to all companies associated with this policy if:
- the carrier is in Appulate's database;
- the carrier has the necessary configurations.
If you want to make some changes, click Edit at the section's top-right corner.
Note: If the policy is available in a read-only mode, the Edit button will be hidden. For now, the Edit button is also hidden for viewers.
1. A dialog will appear informing you that the changes will only apply in Appulate. Click Edit to proceed.
2. This will open the Policy details dialog. Any changes you make there will be saved automatically.
If the policy has no details (e.g. if you create it as a renewal), the section will display an empty state. You can fill in the details by clicking Edit.