Note: On the Insured Portal, the insured will have access to the shared policy information. An insured user is a person who is specified as an insured contact and joins Appulate by invitation from an agency user, who is managing the insured's submissions and policies.
The insured join Appulate to fill out the questionnaire, check or edit the information, or simply track the status of their quote requests and policies. They do this on the Insured portal, which becomes available to them once they log in to Appulate.
In Appulate, retail agency users can share quotes and policy information with the insured using the Share with insured button on the RFQ and Policy interface.
1. To share a quote, you need to click Share with insured on the quote's level on the Markets Selector.
If the insured's contact is not selected, you need to choose one from the drop-down list or select Add new contact: enter a first name, last name, and email address.
The Preview Insured Portal button opens a preview of the Portal as it will appear for the insured.
2. Clicking Continue opens the Email Editor. There, you can write your own email to the insured or use the default one.
- The prefilled To field is read-only.
- The More options menu at the bottom contains Read Notify and Delivery Notify.
- If the insured user is new, the log in to the Insured Portal link will open the Sign up page, then forward them to the Quotes tab of the Insured Portal. For registered insured, the link will open the Quotes tab.
3. Once you click Send in the Email Editor, the insured will receive your email containing a link to the Insured Portal.
Note: On the Insured Portal, the insured will have access to:
- Shared quote information;
To share a policy, you need to click Share with insured in the upper-right corner of the Policy interface.
The Share with insured button opens a dialog where an insured contact should be selected or added.
Note: On the Insured Portal, the insured will have access to the shared policy information.