An insured user is a person who is specified as an insured contact and joins Appulate by invitation from an agency user, who is in charge of handling this insured's RFQs or policies. See also How to share submissions and policies with insured.
The insured join Appulate to fill out the questionnaire, check or edit the information, or simply track the status of their RFQs and policies. They do this on the Insured portal, which becomes available to them once they log in to Appulate.
Requests for quote
The RFQs listed in the table can be opened for editing. To open an RFQ, you need to click its name. You will be redirected to a questionnaire which contains the same questions as your agent has on the Smart Q&A tab.
Note: If the agent updates the markets on their interface, your questionnaire won't be updated in real-time. To see the updated questionnaire, you need to reload the page.
Required questions are marked with a red asterisk. Their number is also displayed next to a section's name. If you click the Required unanswered only checkbox, the questionnaire will only display the required unanswered questions.
To switch between sections, click their tabs or the Previous and Next buttons located at the bottom of the page. You can switch between sections even if you haven't answered any required questions.
Note: All changes you make are saved automatically.
If at least one quote has been shared with you, clicking the associated RFQ in the table will redirect you to the Quotes tab. There, you can compare the shared quotes to decide which one you would like to request to bind.
Note: A quote will be shared if it has one of the following statuses:
- Sent to Insured;
- Accepted by Insured;
- Requested to Bind.
If you don't have any shared quotes, clicking the RFQ name will redirect you to the Questionnaire tab described in the section above.
Each quote is displayed in a separate column with the following information:
- Premium (if it isn't available, N/A is displayed instead);
- Quote name (clicking it downloads the quote).
If available, a quote's Limits & Deductibles are displayed in a section underneath. (This section is displayed if at least one shared quote has this information.) If a quote doesn't have any limits or deductibles, — will be displayed in place of their value. If their value is 0, $ 0 will be displayed.
The Policy page opens when you click a policy's name in the Applications table. It contains:
- the policy's Summary (read-only);
- the Documents tab, where you can download the documents attached to this policy by clicking their names.
The Insured Portal consists of several sections:
- The Applications page is what you first see when you log in. It contains the insured's records (RFQs and Policies).
- Clicking Help opens the Contact Us page, where you can contact Appulate's support team by filling out a form.
- Clicking your name at the top-right corner opens the My Profile page, where you can manage your account data and change your password if needed.
Information on this page is presented in the form of a table:
- the left column (Insured) lists your insured's records (RFQs and Policies);
- the right column (Agency) lists the agencies working on these records.
Clicking a record displays the associated RFQs or policies identified by their insurance line, creation date, and status.
Note: Initially, the records are sorted by their creation date. To sort the records in alphabetical order, click the Insured column header. To filter the records by agency, click the filter icon in the Agency column header.
My Profile page
This page contains your account information. It has two sections:
- General, where you can edit your personal and contact information;
- Account, where you can edit your Appulate email signature and change your password.