An insured user is a person who is specified as an insured contact and joins Appulate by invitation from an agency user, who is in charge of the insured's RFQs or policies.
The insured join Appulate to fill out the forms, check or edit the entered data, or simply track the status of their RFQs and policies. They do this on the Insured portal, which becomes available to them once they log in to Appulate.
Inviting an insured
Inviting an insured consist of the following steps:
1. The agency user opens the insured's Contacts tab and clicks Add New.
Note: The agency user can also add an insured contact when sending a request to fill out a form or a questionnaire. The contact they entered in the Add New Insured Contact dialog will appear on the Contacts tab. The agency user can then invite the insured by clicking Invite.
2. The Add Contact dialog appears. The agency user fills in the information (the First Name and Last Name fields are required) and clicks Save.
3. The insured contact will appear in a new row on the Contacts tab. The agency user then needs to click the Invite icon in the last column to invite the insured to Appulate.
Note: If the agent hasn't indicated the insured's email in the previous step, clicking Invite will open the Please Specify Email First dialog, where the Email field is required.
4. Clicking Invite opens the Create Insured Login window. The insured's email is indicated in the To (Recipient) field. The email's body contains login instructions and a link to create a password.
Note: If an insured user with this email is already registered in the system, when they are re-invited the email link will trigger an auto-login (even if another user has been logged in in this browser). If the agent left the RFQ/Policy tab open when re-inviting the existing insured user, the link will redirect the user to this RFQ/Policy.
5. After receiving the email, the insured creates a password via the provided link and logs in to the system using their email address as their user name. They are then redirected to the Insured portal.