Requesting a quote or policy from a market often requires you to sign various documents.
To make this process faster and more convenient, Appulate uses electronic signatures (eSignatures), which is a legal way to get electronic documents confirmed or approved.
You can sign and send documents for signing via the following interfaces:
Note: This feature is only available to agency users.
Request to bind dialog
Requesting to bind a policy often requires you, and/or the insured, to sign the necessary documents, for example, a default ACORD form or other documents stipulated by a market.
These requirements are displayed in the Request to bind dialog, which opens when you click the Request to bind button on the Quote request page.
In the dialog, you can send to sign, and sign, a document by clicking the Send to sign button. This will open the Send Form for Signature dialog.
You can also sign and send to sign forms on the Forms page by:
- clicking Sign in a form's menu;
- clicking the expander arrow near a form to open its Actions grid and clicking Sign now.
Both will open the Send Form for Signature dialog.
Loss Runs tab
Send Form for Signature dialog
The Send Form for Signature dialog opens when you click:
- a form's Send to sign button in the Request to bind dialog;
- a form's Sign (Sign now) button on the Forms tab.
Depending on whose signatures are required, the dialog may have one or both of the following fields:
- Agency representative (Producer or CSR);
- Applicant (insured).
Clicking a field's expander arrow opens a dropdown list where you can select the appropriate option. Clicking OK sends the document for signing.
Note: If you selected an insured contact in the Main contact panel in the top-right corner of the RFQ interface, this person will be automatically filled in the dialog's Applicant field.
After the document is sent for signing
After you select whom you want to sign the document and click OK, the eSignature service will automatically notify the first person to sign with an email.
Note: If two users have been chosen to sign, after the Agency representative signs the document the service will automatically notify the Applicant about the requirement to sign.
If you have opted to sign the document yourself by selecting [Myself] in the dialog's Agency representative field, clicking OK will open the Sign Document window where you can sign the document. Otherwise, the eSignature notification email will contain a link to sign the document.
Appulate uses SignRequest as its eSignature service. The signing process is similar in both cases:
1. Click the pointer on the SignRequest page. You will be redirected to the required signature field.
2. Click the field and type in your signature in the desired font and color.
2. Click Finalize.
Note: After signing the document, you won't be able to change it. However, you can cancel the signing or delete the signed document on its Actions grid to resign it.
After the document has been signed, all parties involved will be notified of it, namely:
- the agency's assigned producer and CSR;
- the market's assigned underwriter and CSR. If those are missing, the notification email will be sent to this market's other users who have the Notification catch all setting on;
- the insured (Applicant);
- the Agency representative who signed the document.
Note: Even if the market's user doesn't have access to the signed ACORD or Supplemental form, they will still be notified.
- this agency representative didn't sign the LossRunner request, proposal, or form;
- this user is inactive;
- this user was assigned to an RFQ that was deleted.
Once a form is signed by at least one of the required parties, its Actions grid will display the signing information.
If only you have signed the form, the grid will have the following:
- Audit Trail, which allows you to download a PDF document indicating the progress of the document's signing;
- Remind to sign, which allows you to send a reminder to the signer;
- Cancel Signing, which allows you to revoke the form's signing. After that, you'll be able to resign it.
Note: The Cancel signing button is also available in the Request to bind dialog.
If all parties have signed the form, the Actions grid will have:
- Signed Document, which allows you to download the signed document in PDF;
- Audit Trail;
- Delete, which allows you to delete the signed document. After that, you'll be able to resign it.