Appulate's Market Smart Q&A page allows you to save time and effort as it shows required questions related only to one market, whereas the Smart Q&A tab shows questions for an insurance line and all markets added on the Markets Selector.
The Market Smart Q&A page is implemented for a range of markets. It opens when you click the following buttons on the Markets Selector:
on the market level*
*the page won't appear if you click Request quote or Resubmit on a submarket's level (except for Brookside submarkets when selected under Brookside)
|on the quote level||
When you open the page, it will show required unanswered and pinned questions.
- If you want the page to show all questions, click Show all questions at the top-right corner. This button will then change to Show required questions only allowing you to switch back.
- If you want to return to the Smart Q&A tab, click Back at the top of the page.
- Clicking Send Q&A allows you to send the page's questions for the recipient to complete.
Market users can review a questionnaire for a market or a quote by clicking the Review questionnaire button. This will open the Market Smart Q&A page with all questions in read-only mode and Back as the only button.
Note: For your own market, the Review questionnaire button is only available on the quote level.
Each market has its own set of sections. Sections are displayed in full one after another. You can navigate between them by clicking their corresponding angle tabs at the top of the page.
The number next to a section's name on the angle tab indicates the number of unanswered questions there. Required questions are marked with a red asterisk.
Typically, the MSQA includes sections containing questions from the Quote Details dialog and the Smart Q&A tab.
Markets can also have the Submission credentials and Attachments sections:
- Submission credentials contains fields from the eLogin editor ("Login type", "Login", "Password", "Agency Code" and "Producer Code").
- Attachments contains a link for attaching documents.
You can upload required and non-required documents in the Attachments section if it's configured for this market.
- All Appulate document types are allowed.
- You can upload several documents with the same type.
- Upload buttons for non-required documents are visible in the Show required questions only mode up until these documents are uploaded. After that, they are displayed in the Show all questions mode once you refresh the page.
You can delete any document you have uploaded on the MSQA and reupload it.
Non-required documents uploaded on the MSQA are displayed on the Docs tab. Documents that were uploaded on the Docs tab, have shared access type, and are non-required for the MSQA upload are shown on the MSQA in the Show all questions mode.
Note: By default, the documents uploaded on the Market Smart Q&A page are available to all companies in the submission chain. This applies even if the uploading company has its Document access set to My company only.
The Mark all "No" button automatically answers "No" to all Yes/No questions in this section or subsection. It is displayed only if a section or a subsection has at least two or more Yes/No questions.
If you answer "No" to all relevant questions (manually or by clicking the button), Mark all "No" will disappear. Unselecting your answer or answering "Yes" to a relevant question will make the button reappear.
Tip: Hovering over the Mark all "No" button highlights the Yes/No questions clicking the button will affect.
If the market supports quote generation, the MSQA's action button will indicate the insured's admissibility for a quote:
- If quote generation is allowed, the MSQA will show the Get instant quote button.
- If quote generation is restricted, the MSQA will show the Request quote button.
The button might change while you're working on the page:
- If one of the answers you add restricts quote generation, the page's Get instant quote button will change to Request quote.
- If one of the answers restricts submitting, the page's button will change to Back.
If you correct your answers in a way that allows submitting or quote generation, the button will change to Request quote or Get instant quote respectively.
MSQA for Weblink markets
Markets may have submission specifics. For example, some allow small businesses to request a quote via Weblink, while requiring other insured to request a quote by email. To accommodate this, the MSQA for Weblink markets has two buttons:
- Request quote by email. This button opens the Email Editor.
- Request quote via Weblink. This button initiates Weblink submission.
However, the MSQA won't display the Request quote by email button if you have already submitted a request for a quote.
The Market Smart Q&A page will show the estimated premium if it has been calculated. Any related messages will be displayed to the left.
Proceeding from the MSQA
All the information you fill in is synchronized with associated parts of Appulate's system. Once you answer all the questions, click the page's action button to proceed.
- If you click to proceed with some required questions unanswered, you will be redirected to the first unanswered required question.
- If one of your answers is invalid or isn't accepted by the market, you will see a corresponding hint in the Market Smart Q&A page's footer. Clicking the hint will redirect you to the associated question.