Appulate's OCR (Optical Character Recognition) solution allows for processing of scanned PDF documents uploaded to a quote request.
To purchase an Appulate OCR license, contact our Sales team.
In Appulate, you can fill in a quote request questionnaire by uploading scanned PDF documents through various means:
- Uplink App
- A2X Service
- Uplink Drag & Drop (available on different pages, for example Forms)
- Submission via Email
As all this requires OCR recognition, such a quote request will be considered as created with OCR.
Note: As of now, there is no established Appulate OCR support for handwritten text. However, Appulate OCR still might recognize handwritten text if it's written in even block letters.
Submitting a quote request created with OCR
For successful submission, either the submitter or the market which receives an OCR quote request must have an Appulate OCR license. The following rules apply:
- a market that has an Appulate OCR license can submit an OCR quote request to any available market.
- a market that doesn't have an Appulate OCR license can only submit an OCR quote request to markets that have the license.
- an agency that has an Appulate OCR license can submit an OCR quote request to any available market.
- an agency that doesn't have an Appulate OCR license can only submit an OCR quote request to markets that have the license.
If neither the submitter nor the market they are submitting to has an Appulate OCR license, submission will be restricted:
- Quote request page
The Quote request page will display an inactive Request quote button with a tooltip that reads, "OCR License is Required for Submission".
Clicking the button, as well as the Mark as submitted and Submit by email buttons in its three-dot menu, will open the OCR license is required dialog. There, you can click Contact sales to request an OCR license.
If you're submitting a quote request with Uplink without an OCR license, you'll get a warning message for the markets that don't have an OCR license.
- Submission via Email
If you're submitting a quote request via email without an OCR license to a market that doesn't have an OCR license, you'll get the OCR license is required message. Click Contact sales to request a license.