Appulate supports different document types and saves a lot of time and effort to fill these documents with information.
Tabs where documents are uploaded, stored, edited and available actions are listed in the table below.
|Tabs||Types of documents||Additional information|
ACORD and Supplemental forms can be:
|Loss runs tab||
|Policy > Policy Docs tab||
||You can upload documents, send by email, or fax, edit or delete.|
|Policy > Quote Docs tab||
||You cannot upload documents on this tab. Only documents uploaded during submission are displayed (Forms tab, Loss Runs tab, Docs tab, and quotes).|
|Docs tab of Insured||
Appulate users can determine the privacy type of uploaded documents:
Note: By default, the documents uploaded on the Market Smart Q&A page are available to all companies in the submission chain. This applies even if the uploading company has its Document access set to My company only.
The default privacy state of all uploaded documents is determined by the Document access setting on the Setup > Settings page.
The Settings page is only available to admin users.
Document Markup dialog
Each user uploading a document can decide if it will be available only to their company or all companies in the submission chain in the Document Markup dialog. It opens right after you upload a document.
Note: This setting is only available to the users of the company who uploaded a document.
Document privacy options
Regardless of whether you're setting the document access on the Settings page or the Document Markup dialog, two privacy options are available:
- My company only - Documents will be shared only between the users of the company that uploaded them. They will not be attached to the submission and emails to the market.
- All companies in submission - Documents will be shared between the users of the company that uploaded them, as well as with other companies in the submission chain.
Documents with restrictable access
Note: The sharing rules do not apply to Insured > Docs tab and appointment documents.
You can restrict access to the documents with the following types:
- ExMod Sheet;
- Notice of Cancellation;
- Declaration Page;
- Statement of Values;
- Vehicle Registration certificate;
Interface and actions
The lock icon near a document's name displays its access type.
- Documents with restricted access ("My company only") have the locked icon .
- Documents with unrestricted access ("All companies in submission") have the unlocked icon .
You can click the icon to change the access type. This action is applicable to:
- documents on the Docs tab (RFQ interface);
- policy documents on the Policy Docs tab (Policy interface);
- quotes on the Quote Docs tab (Policy interface). For uploaded or generated quotes, the lock icon is inactive.
If a document has a note added to it, the Docs tab will display it in a separate column.
You can add document notes in the Document Markup dialog. It opens when you upload a document or click Edit in a document's row.