In Appulate, viewers are market and agency users whose scope of actions is limited. Admin users can upgrade viewers to regular users.
The following restrictions apply to viewers:
- Viewers cannot create new insured, but can add new policies or quote requests for the existing insured;
- Viewers can access and edit only those insured to which they have been assigned (as a CSR or Producer);
- Viewers cannot merge the insured and renew policies, as well as delete the insured and policies;
- Viewers cannot change assigned Underwriters and CSRs;
- Although the Quote request page is displayed to viewers, they cannot add and perform actions upon markets;
- Viewers can edit all information on their My Profile page except their user role and location. They also cannot edit the AIM, Nexsure, and market credentials, as well as the Submission Notification, Submission Listing, Internal ID, and Access Testing fields;
- Viewers cannot sent LossRunner requests;
- Viewers can download, send by email or fax ACORD and non-customer supplemental forms, but only with watermarks;
- Viewers cannot use Uplink;
- Viewers cannot send filling requests;
- Viewers cannot sign documents on the quote request page.
Creating a market viewer
Agency users can create market viewers in submissions to markets that have Email, eSubmission and Weblink submission types.
To create a market viewer:
1. Click Select (Add) in the Contact column on the Quote request page.
2. This opens a dialog for selecting market contacts. There, click Add new contact.
3. Fill in the fields in the Add favorite market contact dialog. All fields except Phone are required.
4. Click Save.
Creating an agency viewer
Market users can create agency viewers when assigning a Producer or CSR for a quote request or policy.
Note: The agency has to have the Control of agency users by markets setting (Setup menu > Settings) enabled for viewers to be created.
To create an agency viewer:
1. Click the Producer or CSR field on the contact panel on top of the quote request page.
2. Select Add New in the dropdown list.
3. Fill in the fields in the Add New dialog. All fields are required.
4. Click Save.
You can also create an agency viewer when sending a quote cover letter.
- When you enter an email that doesn't exist in the submitting agency in the Send Quote Cover Letter dialog's To field, the Add New Contact dialog will appear.
- The new viewer will be added when you click Save in the dialog, even if you don't end up sending the email.
The agency viewer will receive an email notification that an account in Appulate has been set up for them to manage submissions in Appulate. The email will contain a link to the Change password page.
Upgrading viewers' role
If you are an admin user, you can upgrade your agency's or market's viewers to regular users.
1. Go to the User Profile of the viewer you want to upgrade (Setup menu > Users).
2. Click Upgrade Role at the bottom of the page.
3. This opens a dialog window that says, "Are you sure you want to change this user's role to "User"?"
4. Click OK to proceed.
Note: A market's admin users can upgrade an agency's viewers if:
- this market has selected this agency;
- this agency has the Control of agency users by markets setting enabled.
Market users can upgrade a selected agency's viewers via the Agency Info tab (Agencies menu > Selected) by clicking the Edit icon in the Users table. This will open a viewer's User Profile.
The Users table doesn't show user roles, but they are displayed on the User Profile.