In addition to binding a policy in Appulate, you can also add a policy.
Please note that you can only add already existing policies. This is because obtaining a quote and active policy in Appulate requires a different workflow.
This functionality is only intended for keeping record of the insured's policies in Appulate.
You can add a policy on the Create new request for quote or policy tab.
To open this tab for the new insured:
- Click Create new insured (or Add New) on any of the Insured menu pages.
- Fill in the insured's information on the Create new insured page. Then, click Create new request for quote or policy.
To open this tab for the existing insured:
- On the Quote request or Policy page, click the arrow next to the record status.
- Select Create new request for quote or policy in the dropdown list.
On the Create new request for quote or policy tab:
- Under Create, select Policy.
- Fill in the policy's Insurance Line/Product, Effective Date and Expiration Date, and Carrier.
- When ready, click Continue to add the policy. You will be redirected to the Policy page.