Market users can be notified by email about Appulate and Weblink submissions if they configure the respective settings. The setting that controls submission notifications ("Submission notification" - see later) becomes available to market users in their profiles if one of the following conditions is true:
- The market has at least one Appulate submission type program.
- The market uses Appulate portal.
The settings that control submission notifications allow users to add their names to the list of submission recipients in the Submission Designation dialog box, which only appears on the submitters' UI (on the RFQ interface) when they send an RFQ for an Appulate insurance line.
- Through this dialog box, submitters can control which market user will be assigned as the Underwriter for their RFQ or which market location will be responsible for processing it.
- If a user or a location is chosen during the Appulate-type submission, only the designated user or users registered at a particular location will receive an email notification if their settings allow it.
Underwriters and CSRs assigned to the agency on the Agency Info tab will also receive Submission notifications whenever the agency submits an RFQ to this market.
- The notification will be sent only to the assignees, other users of this market won't get the email even if the Submission notification setting is turned on.
- If the market has assigned the Underwriter and CSR to the agency and allows users to have submission listing, the notification will be sent to the Underwriter and CSR selected in direct submissions and not the assigned ones.
Assigning- and Submission-related settings
Settings to make a market user available for direct submission or to let them receive notifications are provided on the My Profile/User Profile page under Account (see the following figure), namely:
- "Submission Listing"
- "Submission Notification"
- "Notification Default Catch All".
Submission listing: Ability for an agency or MGA users to select a market user when they make an "Appulate" submission (this submission type means the insurance line of the RFQ is associated with the Appulate program or the market uses Appulate portal).
A selected user will be assigned to the RFQ and will receive a submission notification. Thus, this setting defines whether a market user will be displayed in the list of users available for submitting (the "Submission Designation" dialog box appears when you click to submit on the RFQ interface - see the following figure). This is applicable only to non-internal users whose Submission notification setting is not "None".
Note: This setting is available only to market users and only if the Allow users to have submission listing checkbox is selected on the "Settings" page and the Submission notification is not "None". Otherwise, this setting is hidden and is considered not selected.
Submission notification: Ability to configure the notification about submissions made to your company. This setting is available to the users of markets whose submission type is Appulate (at least for one insurance line) or to the users of markets that use the Appulate portal. The hint message accompanying this setting varies depending on the page opened: "My Profile" or "User Profile".
- "None" (default): The user will not be shown in the list of the users, which appears upon clicking to submit, on the RFQ interface (see the preceding figure). No notifications will be sent. The hint message: "You will receive no submission notification." or "This user will receive no submission notification."
- "All": The notification will be sent if any location is selected in the list on the RFQ interface. If a particular user is selected, only this user will receive this notification; the other company users will not, even if "All" is set in their profiles. (Both companies—agency/MGA and market—must have the Appulate team checkbox cleared or selected.) The hint message: "You will receive notifications on all submissions." or "This user will receive notifications on all submissions."
- "Associated Regions": This option is available if the Break up my agencies by regions checkbox on the "Settings" page is selected. The notification will be sent to all users of a selected location in the list on the RFQ interface. If a particular user is selected, only this user will receive this notification; the other company users will not, even if they belong to the same location and "Associated Region" is set in their profiles. (Both companies—agency/MGA and market—must have the "Appulate team" checkbox cleared or selected.) (If a user had this option selected, but the "Break up..." checkbox has been cleared, then this option will be replaced with "All".) The hint message: "You will receive a notification each time an agency working in your regions makes a submission." or "This user will receive a notification each time an agency working in their regions makes a submission."
Notification default catch all: If selected, the user will receive all the notifications that are not sent to any other user of their company for any reason, for example, a submitting agency does not belong to any region or no user is assigned to receive submissions in a particular location. This user will also receive Questionnaire Update notifications if neither "Producer"/"Underwriter" nor "CSR" is assigned to the respective RFQ or policy.
This setting is accompanied by a hint message. Depending on the page opened ("My Profile" or "User Profile"), the text of this message varies: "If selected, you will receive all the submission and questionnaire update notifications that are not sent to any user of your company." or "If selected, this user will receive all the submission and questionnaire update notifications that are not sent to any user of your company."
Note: This setting is available only if a market uses the Appulate portal or if at least one insurance line of this market is associated with the Appulate submission type.
Notification with renewal:
Subject: Appulate: Renewal Submission Notification - Workers' Compensation, Customer
Insured Name: BBBB