This article aims to explain the advantages and disadvantages of letting your agencies see your markets, and to show how to handle this functionality within Appulate.
The main idea of this functionality is to provide your agencies with the ability to see particular markets you work with (submarkets) and to make submissions to these markets without your mediation or assistance.
Depending on their practices in Appulate, carriers, and MGAs can let their agencies know ahead of which markets they work with, they can also keep this information private or provide this information on only a limited number of their markets. However, if a carrier or MGA hides one or more of its markets, it will lose certain capabilities of the system that might come out useful. Here is a list containing some of them.
1. Each time an agent selects or unselects a submarket in the list, Appulate dynamically adds or removes the questions it requests to answer. The overall number of questions changes accordingly.
2. An agent sees the appetite guide and estimated premium indications of your submarkets. These indications not only inform the agent of which markets may provide a quote and which will not, but also let them estimate the price of an insurance policy.
3. An agent is allowed to deliberately select markets they want to receive a quote from, or to unselect markets they work with directly or do not work with for any reason. For example, an agency is appointed with some of your markets, and thus the agent does not need to make a submission to them through your company.
Setup > Settings
1. You can opt to use the same visibility setting for all your submarkets, or specify it individually. To get started, click Settings on the Setup menu and then find the Adding submarkets to submissions setting.
Note: These setting are available only to Admin users.
It has three options:
- All submarkets are automatically added: All your submarkets are available to your agencies and are automatically added for requesting a quote.
- No submarkets are automatically added: Submarkets can be added manually to requests for a quote.
- Custom for each submarket and insurance line: Availability of your submarkets is set individually on the Lines tab of a market.
Markets > Selected > Lines tab
You can set up your submarkets individually for each insurance line on the Lines tab of a submarket.
Note: Only Admin users can set up submarkets. Other users will see information in read-only mode.
In the Add to submission column, you have the following options:
- Automatically: this company will be automatically added to submissions for your company and your agencies.
- Manually by everyone: your company and your agencies will be able to add this market manually using the Add markets and Add submarkets dialogs.
- Manually by my company: only your company can add this market to submissions manually. This company will be invisible to your agencies.
The bin icon (with the Remove hint) removes the insurance line from the list. At least one insurance line must be chosen. If you want to remove the only insurance line, the icon will be disabled and a tooltip will appear: “At least one line should be added”.
Add lines (for Admins only): is used to add available lines if they are absent from the list. This button opens the Add lines dialog, where you can select available lines and add them to the list. If not, this button is disabled with a hint "All insurance lines are added".